Previous and current job roles I've had within my software development career.
TerraQuest - Developer (2019 - Current).
During my time at TerraQuest, I have worked with a variety of technologies relating to mapping and land referencing. My initial role was straight into the deep end as the primary React developer within the business, supporting existing projects.
I quickly became a reliable source within the business, and over the past year have fallen into a more senior role, providing technical guidance to other developers. I've guided various greenfield projects' structure and technology stacks, and lead front-end development on several successful projects.
DuPont Teijin Films - Student Software Engineer (2017 - 2018).
During my time at DuPont Teijin Films, I worked on numerous projects within the .NET framework, developing for both front-end and back-end. Below are the main projects I was involved in:
- Improved system uptime from 60% to 99% over a 6 month timeframe.
- Implemented caching systems to improve query times from several minutes to a few seconds.
- Developed C# WPF graphing software to plot production line information across a variety of data sources..
- Designed and developed preventative maintenance client and server software used throughout the manufacturing line.
- Rewrote legacy applications into modern, efficient solutions.
- Designed and deployed numerous SQL and MySQL databases of varying complexity.
Teesside University - Student (2015 - 2019).
My studies at Teesside University from 2015 to 2019 provided me with industry-standard skills in Computer Science, such as:
- Software patterns and application architecture.
- Relational database design.
- .NET and .NET Core application development (WPF, ASP.NET MVC).
- Development experience across various platforms (Windows, Web, Android, Arduino).
- SPA development within the React framework.
- PWA integration following Google's standards for Chrome implementation.
- API development within a microservice architecture, deployed within a container orchestrator.
- Experience in DevOps roles such as deployment and CI/CD within Microsoft Azure.